Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pro-Israel Hollywood Speaks Out

From Mark Tapson, at FrontPage Magazine:


Another superhero – Gal Gadot, who will play Wonder Woman in the upcoming Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice – spoke out as well via social media, posting this on Facebook:
I am sending my love and prayers to my fellow Israeli citizens. Especially to all the boys and girls who are risking their lives protecting my country against the horrific acts conducted by Hamas, who are hiding like cowards behind women and children…We shall overcome!!! Shabbat Shalom!
Gadot is a former Miss Israel who served two years in the Israeli Defense Forces. In a 2011 interview, she stated that:
I don’t feel like I’m an ambassador for my country, but I do talk about Israel a lot – I enjoy telling people about where I come from and my religion. I find that people in the U.S., especially in Hollywood, tend to have positive opinions on Israel – both Jewish and non-Jewish people alike. But when I travel to Europe, people often don’t know as much about Israel, and sadly a lot of them have a negative impression of the country.
Perhaps she should be an ambassador, because she handled that last sentence very diplomatically.


0 comments: