Friday, January 9, 2015

'Rocket 88'

According to Wikipedia, "'Rocket 88' was credited to Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats, who were actually Ike Turner's Kings of Rhythm."

And why am I blogging about "Rocket 88," you might ask? Well, I was over at Legal Insurrection and I was listening to William's "Video of the Day," Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Proud Mary."

Interestingly, I was just thinking about the song the other morning while listening to the radio. John Fogerty is both lead singer and lead guitarist on "Proud Mary." While skimming around on Wikipedia, I saw the discussion of Ike and Tina Turner's cover, which then reminded me of the movie "What's Love Got to Do with It." Thinking about that reminded me of how much I loved "Rocket 88" from the film, and so I googled that, heh.

In any case, here you go. The song's generally considered the very "first rock-and-roll record":



0 comments: